In March 2020, a provincial state of emergency was declared due to a novel coronavirus SARS-CoV2, called COVID-19. Please review the signs and symptoms. Regulated health professionals were required to stop providing routine care to patients, allowing only emergency and acute care to continue.
Effective May 26th 2020, a revision of Directive 2 was issued, allowing all regulated health care professionals to return to practice under strict guidelines from the Ministry of Health and the College of Chiropractors of Ontario.
We take your well-being very seriously. Given the guidelines, there is a chance your appointment may be modified, whether it be over the phone or through email, moved to a later date, or cancelled entirely. We may wear some or all of our personal protective equipment depending on the treatment required, your symptoms, and the other patients of the day. We may be stricter with appointment times due to the important task of sanitizing between patients.
In order to provide care, Tottenham Chiropractic is required to:
- Provide passive screening by having signs that outline the signs and symptoms of a COVID-19 infection.
- Perform active screening (by way of a phone call in advance of your appointment) to assess patient condition. This is to determine the need for an in-person treatment (as opposed to guidance over phone or video conferencing) and to assess patient health to prevent the spread of COVID-19. A questionnaire will be asked over the phone, then again in person.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). We will be wearing masks, face shields, gloves and or gowns as indicated. All patients will be required to wear a mask. Please bring a mask to your appointment (cloth or surgical). If you do not have one, it will be provided.
- Provide sanitizer. Please use for hand hygiene when you enter the building.
- Clean and disinfect tables, equipment, door handles, high frequency touch surfaces (including bathrooms) in between each patient
- Keep documentation of patient name, phone number, date of visit, and questionnaire responses for contact tracing.
Please be patient and kind as we maneuver the requirements. We are doing our best and want to keep you safe! If you have any questions, please speak to Dr. Cox or Dr. Russo through email or by calling the clinic.